18 September 2016
Holy Trinity Church
523 First Street
Adults (17 & over): $12
Children & Teens (5-16): $6
4 and under: Free
2016 Annual Harvest Festival & Cabbage Roll Dinner
Come join everyone at Holy Trinity Church’s annual Harvest Festival and Cabbage Roll Dinner in Clayton, Wisconsin! Divine Liturgy will take place at 9:30am, followed by dinner at 11:30am. The dinner menu is set to include cabbage rolls, ham, cheese, mashed potatoes, & gravy, vegetables, choice of apple or pumpkin pie, coffee, and milk.
The festival will also feature a bake sale, craft sale, ethnic foods, homegrown produce, a raffle (Prizes include: Handmade Quilt, $$, and numerous other prizes), and games
5 March 2016
N65 W6503 Cleveland St.
Cedarburg WI 53012
$15 Adults, $5 Children (4-12)
St. Nicholas’ Got Talent Dinner & Show
Come one, come all! Join the fun!
Note: this is not a contest!
What’s your talent?
Calling all Saint Nicholas:
• Singers • Storytellers • Dancers • Jugglers • Impressionists • Cloggers • Ventriloquists • Poets • Actors • Instrumentalists • and more!
Dinner: $15 for Adults $5 Children ages 4-12
This is a Saint Nicholas Fun Raiser for charity!
To register, please download the sign-up form. Deadlines have been extended until 28 February. For more information, contact Laurel at Laurel@LaurelKashinn.com.
St. Sava Orthodox School is the only Orthodox school in the state of Wisconsin, and as such, can always use your prayers & support. Although monetary donations are always appreciated, the following are a number of other ways that you can incorporate helping St. Sava Orthodox School into your habits.
Scrip program –
If you live in the Milwaukee area, you can purchase gift cards for hundreds of retailers through the school, and while the gift cards give you full face value, the school receives a percentage of the purchases. Please contact the school to arrange purchase.
Customer Loyalty programs –
- Target – If you have a Target store card (Red Card) or Target Visa, up to 1% of the total amount of purchases made at Target (and up to half a percent for Target Visa purchases made elsewhere) can be designated a school of your choice. St. Sava’s code is 124105. This designation can be made online or by calling Target Customer Service. Details: https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/home Target has also announced that this program will be ending as of May 14, 2016, so it is important to participate while it is still available.
- Red Robin – “Burgers for Education” program. Red Robin customers who have a “Royalty” loyalty card may designate a school to receive up to 1% of their total purchases to benefit your school. http://www.redrobin.com/betterschools
- AmazonSmile – Amazon customers can designate a charity to receive a percentage of total purchases made. Search for “St. Sava Cathedral Milwaukee” (http://smile.amazon.com)
- Shoparoo – if you have a smart phone & you would like to participate in market research to benefit a school, you can do it with this program. (http://www.shoparoo.com) St. Sava’s code – gip91184
- Box Tops for Education: Started by General Mills, collect “box top” coupons from a wide variety of products including General Mills products, Hanes items, Avery office supplies, etc. Each box top earns schools 10¢ . Box Top coupons are usually mostly bright pink, making them fairly easy to spot. Occasionally, certain items will have “bonus” box tops, for an extra 10¢ to 40¢ or so. For a full list & further information – http://btfe.com
- Labels for Education: Started by Campbell’s soups, collect labels (now label coupons) on Campbell’s soups, and specially marked items such as Pace Salsa, Bic Pens – http://www.labelsforeducation.com/
- Coca-Cola My Coke Rewards: http://www.mycokerewards.com/token/kula-donate.html My Coke Rewards is a program where one can collect Coca-Cola “My Coke Rewards” codes from caps and boxes. The points received from these can be used to get Coke gear and free stuff, but the points can also be donated to schools. To do this, register for an account at My Coke Rewards, enter in the codes as usual, and then click on the “donate” tab at the top of the screen. Once you do that, click on the “Learn More” link on the section for using Coke Rewards for schools. This should bring up another screen that lets you search for a school; entering “St. Sava Milwaukee” ought to bring up St. Sava, and from there, you can donate your points for cash rewards to the school.
“Of all the Holy Works, the education of children is the most holy…”
-St. Theophan the Recluse
24 January 2015
Annunciation Cultural Center
9400 W. Congress St.
Milwaukee, WI 53225
$25 adult/$10 children 12 and under
Update: See below for additional information about the Teen Workshop immediately preceding (5pm) this event!
The IOCC Metropolitan Committee of Milwaukee invites you to join them at the Second Annual “Tailgate & Celebrate” Event to benefit International Orthodox Christian Charities.
Come for a family friendly evening and wear your favorite team jersey, enjoy brats and brews, and support a worthwhile cause!
To register, please visit the IOCC event registration page.
IOCC Teen Pathways Workshop
Ever wonder what it’s like to live in another country? Can you imagine learning in a one room school? Or standing in a long line to receive a small portion of food? And receiving no seconds?
This great opportunity will bring our teens together and provide them with a space to meet fellow Orthodox teens and learn about service and missions – with a twist of fun of course!
At this year’s Milwaukee IOCC Tailgate & Celebrate Event, we will be hosting a Teen Workshop on experiencing life in another country, learning about ways to help those in need and the overall purpose of IOCC.
Afterwards, they will be given the opportunity to volunteer at the event for community service hours.
This workshop is free to attend, but must be registered for prior to the event. Online Registration Form
IOCC Teen Flyer