Saturday, 5 December 2015
St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Cathedral
3201 S 51st St, Milwaukee 53219
Stevan Sijacki Choir and Chant Claire Chamber Choir Collaborative Winter Concert
The Stevan Sijacki Choir is pleased to welcome Chant Claire Chamber Choir to Saint Sava Serbian Orthodox Cathedral. Come hear both groups perform carols and other sacred pieces of the Christmas season and beyond, all in the beautiful Saint Sava Cathedral.
A truly unique evening is in store! Refreshments will be served afterwards! Hope to see you there!
For more information, please go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1658623474398283/
6 December 2015
St. Nicholas Church
4313 18th Ave.
Kenosha, WI 53140-2707
As part of St. Nicholas’ celebration of the church’s patron saint, Nick Kasemeotes, gift officer for International Orthodox Christian Charities will be giving a brief talk about IOCC and a recent trip to the Middle East.
Download PDF Flyer
St. Sava Orthodox School is the only Orthodox school in the state of Wisconsin, and as such, can always use your prayers & support. Although monetary donations are always appreciated, the following are a number of other ways that you can incorporate helping St. Sava Orthodox School into your habits.
Scrip program –
If you live in the Milwaukee area, you can purchase gift cards for hundreds of retailers through the school, and while the gift cards give you full face value, the school receives a percentage of the purchases. Please contact the school to arrange purchase.
Customer Loyalty programs –
- Target – If you have a Target store card (Red Card) or Target Visa, up to 1% of the total amount of purchases made at Target (and up to half a percent for Target Visa purchases made elsewhere) can be designated a school of your choice. St. Sava’s code is 124105. This designation can be made online or by calling Target Customer Service. Details: https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/home Target has also announced that this program will be ending as of May 14, 2016, so it is important to participate while it is still available.
- Red Robin – “Burgers for Education” program. Red Robin customers who have a “Royalty” loyalty card may designate a school to receive up to 1% of their total purchases to benefit your school. http://www.redrobin.com/betterschools
- AmazonSmile – Amazon customers can designate a charity to receive a percentage of total purchases made. Search for “St. Sava Cathedral Milwaukee” (http://smile.amazon.com)
- Shoparoo – if you have a smart phone & you would like to participate in market research to benefit a school, you can do it with this program. (http://www.shoparoo.com) St. Sava’s code – gip91184
- Box Tops for Education: Started by General Mills, collect “box top” coupons from a wide variety of products including General Mills products, Hanes items, Avery office supplies, etc. Each box top earns schools 10¢ . Box Top coupons are usually mostly bright pink, making them fairly easy to spot. Occasionally, certain items will have “bonus” box tops, for an extra 10¢ to 40¢ or so. For a full list & further information – http://btfe.com
- Labels for Education: Started by Campbell’s soups, collect labels (now label coupons) on Campbell’s soups, and specially marked items such as Pace Salsa, Bic Pens – http://www.labelsforeducation.com/
- Coca-Cola My Coke Rewards: http://www.mycokerewards.com/token/kula-donate.html My Coke Rewards is a program where one can collect Coca-Cola “My Coke Rewards” codes from caps and boxes. The points received from these can be used to get Coke gear and free stuff, but the points can also be donated to schools. To do this, register for an account at My Coke Rewards, enter in the codes as usual, and then click on the “donate” tab at the top of the screen. Once you do that, click on the “Learn More” link on the section for using Coke Rewards for schools. This should bring up another screen that lets you search for a school; entering “St. Sava Milwaukee” ought to bring up St. Sava, and from there, you can donate your points for cash rewards to the school.
“Of all the Holy Works, the education of children is the most holy…”
-St. Theophan the Recluse
18 October 2015
25 October 2015
01 November 2015
All at 3pm
Outside Affiliated Medical Services
1428 North Farwell Avenue
As part of the Fall 2015 40 Days for Life, Milwaukee-area Orthodox clergy will be leading intercessory prayer services (moljebens) for victims of abortion, their parents, clinic workers, and all others involved in crisis pregnancies, on all remaining Sundays during the campaign.
Please come and join us in prayer…YOU will be most welcome!
Saturday, 17 October 2015
Vespers following at 5:30pm
St. Matthew Orthodox Church
607 Ravenswood Dr.
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54304
Come out to help a valuable resource in the Green Bay area – the House of Hope in Green Bay!
St. Matthew will be hosting a sale of Fair Trade Gifts along with baked goods as well as gyros from Greek Boys, the proceeds of which will be donated to House of Hope, a shelter for young women (18-24) who are homeless, particularly if they are in need whilst pregnant or have small children. House of Hope works to take care of them & teach them to be more confident adults and independent, successful parents.
(begins) 4 October 2015
St. Nikola Serbian Orthodox Church Hall
3802 E Squire Ave
Cudahy, Wisconsin 53110
Join in for a new season of dance!
Open Practice & sign up for ages 5+
Jelena Ristic, instructor
Saturday, 31 October 2015
St. Nicholas Orthodox Church
N65 W6503 Cleveland St.
Cedarburg, WI 53012
The Strength of Christianity in the Islamic World
This one day conference sponsored by the Orthodox Clergy Syndesmos of Wisconsin and will discuss theology, historical realities, and the modern crisis of the Church in predominantly Muslim countries.
Fr. Elijah Mueller, Ph.D. Director of the St. Macrina Orthodox Institute and Lecturer at Wright College of Chicago
Sami Sweis, Doctoral Candidate, Near Eastern Languages & Civilizations, University of Chicago
Lunch will be provided; Free-Will Offering will be taken to cover conference costs
For more information, contact Fr. Thomas Mueller by phone at 414.671.5819 or by email at email@example.com
Download PDF Flyer